Want to be a part of the annual Idaho Writers Guild Conference? We’re looking for volunteers. Here’s how it works:
Volunteer Expectations and Benefits for 2024
We are looking for volunteers to help with the registration tables and to be on standby in case speakers need help or we need things in various rooms.
The below outlines what we expect from volunteers and what you get in return. Join us!
Registration and Vendor Room Volunteers:
- Must sign up for a shift and stay at the Registration Table or their assigned area for that entire shift.
- Work together with other volunteers to make sure there is at least one person at the table at all times and a minimum of two people at peak times (peak times are: registration in the mornings, breaks between workshops, and lunches)
- Must sign up for a full day of volunteering and will be assigned a single room for that day.
- Will assist presenters with tech setup and ensure any recording or streaming is working correctly.
- Will receive training and assistance with technology.
In return for their hard work, registration, and vendor volunteers may:
- Attend workshops on the day of their shift.*
- Attend additional events (such as receptions) but volunteers must pay for any ticket fee associated with those additional events, such as Presenter Chats, the Lifelong Author workshop, and agent, editor, and publisher meetups.
On the day you volunteer, you will likely be very busy, so you may not have time to attend many sessions. If there are specific things you want to attend, we suggest that you volunteer for one day and register for the opposing day when there are the most classes or workshops you want to attend. Please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee you will be able to attend any sessions or agent pitches on the day you volunteer.
*For example, if a volunteer wishes to attend a workshop for free on Friday, they must sign up for a shift on Friday. If that same volunteer wishes to attend a workshop on Saturday, then they must sign up for a shift on Saturday. Volunteers may not sign up for one shift on Friday and attend all of the workshops on Saturday, but they may sign up for a shift on both days to attend workshops on both days. For days when you are sure you want to attend a certain session, we recommend you pay to register for that day.
**Pitch sessions are not free to volunteers, as these are only available for paid attendees.
- Audio/Visual/Tech volunteers may attend the conference free of charge on the day they are not assigned to do tech in a specific room or area.
- AVT volunteers may attend receptions or other events, but if there is a separate charge for those events, those must be paid (things like presenter coffee chats and meetings with editors, agents, or publishers)
The Lifelong Author workshop is a paid event regardless of your volunteer status unless you are volunteering on that day.
Feel free to email us with any questions.
Interested in volunteering? Fill out the form below: